Subscribe to my full feed.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tea Review: Ban Tian Yiao

I was walking around this place in Bugis when I spotted this new tea shop. I was attracted to some Zhu Ni tea pots which were on display. I enquired about them and the boss was pretty excited about the new generation of tea lovers. She therefore invited me to sit down and treated me to some of her good Ban Tian Yiao. I was more of a Pu-erh drinker and this is my first time that I tried Wu Long. Indeed it tasted different from the Pu-erh. On the first sight you will notice the dark reddish soup of the tea. The fragrance is instant but not intense. First sip already you can taste the sweetness of the tea. However this sweetness is unlike the sweetness of Pu-erh. One interestg that amaze tea lovers is inspite of the tasting sweetness in different tea, somehow there are always differences between the sweetness. Its this kind of excitement that keeps tea lovers passion of tea going on. Another observation of the taste of the tea is that the tea flow almost as a full bodied liquid. Most of them time we would only this kind of feeling in wine or aged tea. This tea certainly leaves me asking for more. However, due to the high price of this tea, I did not make any purchase to add to my collection.

No comments: