Subscribe to my full feed.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

QiGong

Lately I've got this feeling that my body isn't functioning as it used to be. I felt weaker and more subtle to being sick. This evening, while having my 2nd pot of tea, I decided to do some QiGong. Being clueless about QiGong, I scour the internet for some basic stance. I came across this site which spoke about the effects of drinking tea and practicing QiGong. I was simply delighted !! I read on, though it was really informative about tea, but it spoke little on the practice of QiGong. I bookmarked the site and started the next round of search for QiGong techniques.

Managed to find this site which offers free lessons online. I was eagered to try out the first stance, called the Lifting Water.

With both hands on either sides of the body while standing, slowly raise the hands and inhale at the same time. Upon reaching a level perpendicular to the shoulders, slowly lower both hands and exhale. The ultimate aim is to achieve relaxation.
I felt great after doing it a few times and could somehow feel the "Qi" inside me circulating. Try it to believe.

No comments: