Subscribe to my full feed.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Tea Review : Lao Tong Zhi (Revisited)

After passing some of the Lao Tong Zhi Cooked tea leaves to experiment, he came back with a way to brew this tea. I had previously left it out in the open to dry for quite a few days.

After the water boiled, I immediately poured into the tea pot and rinsed away the first brew in less than 15secs. I repeat the same process once more. I noticed this 2nd brew of golden brown colored tea which I had poured onto my pot. Initially I thought I could have rinsed off the essence of the tea. I was expecting disappointment or should I say, already feeling disappointed.

However I did a quick brew of 15secs, and quickly pour into the big cup which I always used to enjoy my tea. I tried to smell for the fragrance but there was none. I left it alone to simmer down to slightly below room temperature. I took my first sip..... My eyes nearly popped out of the eyes socket !! No, I wasn't by the tea of course. I was totally awaken by this tea !! Like what they used to say, " Its Alive !!!"

I had expected a bland taste since its already the 3rd brew. The taste of old medicated oil used for rubbing of bruises filled my mouth. The first sip re-energize my body instantly. Simply love this taste. The taste of the tea flow as one from the tip of the tongue then down the throat. No after taste at all. At the end of it all, I gave off this Ahh.... Not many tea can make me do that. The taste oil matured medicated oil or medicine has always been my favorite. Two thumbs up for Lao Tong Zhi Cooked Tea. Both the cooked and raw tea Lao Tong Zhi tea live up to its name.
Enough of me talking, nothing beats trying out for yourself. Are you slivating already? Hahaha....

No comments: