Subscribe to my full feed.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tea Review: Lao Tong Zhi + Feng Qing Tuo

I was getting real bored from the same usual taste I get from the 2 cooked tea which I had when I decided to get naughty. The idea of mixing the 2 tea strucked my mind.
Actually there are some reasoning behind me wanting to do that.
Firstly, Lao Tong Zhi cooked tea being still very young from 2005 has this rough feeling when swallowing. In hokkien we call that "siap". However, I like the medicated taste alot. On the contrary, Feng Qing Tuo being a 10 yrs tea, tasted much more mellow and smooth. Thus I was thinking what if I blend both together.

I measured almost the same quantity that I usually drink for each tea. Had the water boiled and do the usual cleaning and drinking on the 2nd brew. Now, I waited for the tea to cool to room temperature. I always feel that the taste is most intense when at room temperature. Here's the results. At first mouth, I couldn't really taste the tea. I wondered why. I took another mouth, this time round I tasted the tea but I discovered something. The tea is so smooth that it flowed down my throat. It seems as if its oil flowing through the mechanisms in the car engine. Or maybe you can compared it to the way mecury rolled down a declining surface.

Well, this is all I got to say. What works for me might not work for you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How did those tactics work of overloading the brain with Chinese. Ive been tring to learn Japanese for years, I am at a point there I can understand just not speak it.

Unknown said...

getting naughty with that tea lol sounds interesting enough. Waiting for your tea to cool before drinking it may be an interesting taste but is that really naughty? Next time I have wu long tea I will do that

Tony Chen said...

I have been drinking tea for 25 years do get bore with the same type so the best way is to try other type of tea. I do this by visiting tea outlets for tea tasting if good I will buy http://tea-reviews.blogspot.com